Editor Please....

Subject: Editor Please....
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- ANHEUSER-BUSCH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:39:21 -0500

Is there an editor on board? I have a pet peeve, and I want to know if it is
based in fact or opinion.

I have often seen periods used outside of quotation marks as in the following
example:

The girl said "Arrrgh".

This has appeared so often that I am now questioning my own understanding of
puntuation rules which, as I recall, say that periods must be placed within the
quotation marks at the end of a sentence as in this example:

The girl said "Arrgh."

Pondering the greater questions of life in St. Louis...

Lisa Miller
Technical Writer
lisa -dot- miller -at- anheuser-busch -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=