Re: Good slang/idiom dictionary?

Subject: Re: Good slang/idiom dictionary?
From: Fred Sampson <wfreds -at- CRUZIO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:32:09 -0700

Rebecca:

I located "neck of the woods" in the Random House Historical Dictionary of
American Slang, Vol. II H-O, ed J.E. Lighter, Random House 1997.

"Neck of the woods" is defined as "area; neighborhood." Examples from as
far back as 1839 are given, but no real etymology.

If you can't locate the book, let me know, I'll type out the examples given.

Good luck,

Fred Sampson
wfreds -at- cruzio -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=