Re: mouse/light-pen instruction text

Subject: Re: mouse/light-pen instruction text
From: Judith McCrea <judith -at- ZETA -dot- ORG -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:28:11 +1000

Do the users have to use the light pen? Is there any other way to use the
software (mouse? Keyboard shortcuts?) If so, I would use "Select OK" and
explain in the introduction that selecting can be done by light pen, mouse,
shortcuts, or using Tab and Enter. Don't lock the reader into YOUR
preferred selection process.

Judith

>>How would this be phrased for a user using a light-pen?
>
>"Tap OK" or "touch OK" seems to be what I've seen most often.
>
>If there is some analog to double-clicking, "tap" would probably be better,
>since "double-tap" makes more immediate sense than "double-touch".

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=