Re: Table formatting and FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Table formatting and FrameMaker
From: Melissa Morgan <mmorgan -at- INTREPID -dot- CDG-HARGRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:17:53 -0500

Melissa,

I don't think the diagonal is possible in FM, but I could be
wrong. Other suggestions are:

1. Make an extra row for the 'professional' (perhaps shaded
to set it off), then join the cells for the other columns to
maintain the flow.

2. Do the table in another application that allows the diagonal
split, then import the table as a graphic (this would mean
very high maintenance, and a general pain in the behind,
but if you really want it that way...)

Hope this helps.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Melissa Morgan
mmorgan -at- intrepid -dot- cdg-hargray -dot- com
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hello everyone,

glad to see all of you back from vacation (the list was rather
quiet yesterday...).

I have a question concerning the presentation of information
in a table with FrameMaker (I believe it can't be done the way
I'm thinking, lets hope I am wrong).

Imagine a normal table, with components on the y axis and
products on the x axis. For each product, some components are
available and installed, for others, not. I now want to add a
new variable which we could describe as two versions of the same
product (lets say standard and professional). I am restricted on
the width of the table, but not the height. What I wanted to do is
split each cell across with a diagonal. Top half cell would
be for the standard version, bottom, for the professional.

How do I do this? Is it possible? If not, what other way could I
display all this information? More than one table is not an option
for now...

TIA
Melissa Kucbel-Saumier
Technical Publications - Eicon Technology

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=