Re: Localization updates of Winhelp

Subject: Re: Localization updates of Winhelp
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:30:41 +0100

Martin,
I don't use Robohelp but with HDK it used to work is as follows:

Base is a Word document (albeit with HDK fields etc) and we simply do a
compare and highlight the revisions.

If the translator uses HDK they can have both docs open at once, see the
highlighted changes in English and work directly into the current
French/German whatever version.

If they don't use HDK (bit of a pain) the translators have language doc and
English doc with markups. They then make changes to language doc with
revisions on and send it back. We then cut 'n' paste into HDK project.
Simple but a bit laborious.

HDK now has an import facility which allows the RTF to used (amended and then
imported back into HDK) - not done much help translation lately so I'm not sure
how effective this is. I assume RH has a similar facility.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=