Re: Since we're asking a lot about Word

Subject: Re: Since we're asking a lot about Word
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- PTC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:06:38 -0400

I have heard from a reliable source that the problem you describe occurs often
with the normal.dot template. If you can, copy the normal.dot template (if you
are using it, that is) and give it another name. Another alternative is to
create new styles for that document only -- in other words, you would not simply
alter a style, but you would name it and store it in the Styles thingey. That
might convince Word to allow your styles to exist.

jane wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Why is that, that Word will always open up your document with the styles in
> such a manner that you always have to go back and change them? Why can it
> not remember that you made a change to a style and the change was consistent
> and that's how you saved it and that's how you expect it to be?
>
> Yeah, I know it constantly refers back to a template--but when you change a
> style for a document, why does it so strongly insist on changing it back?
> I'm getting sick of having to unbold and hang-indent my Tip/Note Heading
> style. Of what possible benefit is it to anyone that Word formatting is so
> damn bossy?
>
> Anyone subscribing to the Word users lists/news groups: please post this
> for me. I want to bray my dissatisfaction as loud as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jane
> jane -at- visualedge -dot- com
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

begin:vcard
n:Granat;Bonnie
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Parametric Technology Corporation;http://www.ptc.com
version:2.1
email;internet:bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com
title:Technical  Editor
x-mozilla-cpt:;14752
fn:Bonnie Granat
end:vcard