Re: Index entries for glossary terms

Subject: Re: Index entries for glossary terms
From: Kim Nylander <nylanderk -at- IPIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:54:08 -0400

On 7/9/1999 10:31 AM, Ann Howell said:

>I'm in the process of creating my first big(-ish) index and I now see why
>writing is a vocation of its own. One quesiton: should I be creating
>entries for
>terms that appear in the glossary (the glossary directly precedes the
>index), or is that redundant?

I am also in the middle of indexing a large document under a tight
deadline. It's a very complex project, so I am trying to create a very
thorough index. I tend to create index entries for terms in the
glossary. I list the term, say "image," and then underneath it say
"Definition" and list the glossary page.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has any tips on creating index entries,
and what plans (if any) are used for indexing.

Regards,

Kim Nylander

Technical Writer
Interactive Pictures