Re: FrameMaker Single-Sourcing

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Single-Sourcing
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:36:15 -0400

Tim:

Yes, I am currently creating printed and online help deliverables from each
of my FrameMaker documents.

This is proving to be a success. While tracking two conditions and two sets
of information in one document is more complex than not using conditions,
using conditions beats the **** out of writing multiple documents. Updating
one book is a lot easier, too.

I have not run into any traps, yet. I've only been doing this for a quarter,
though, since I purchased Quadralay's WebWorks Publisher for online help
creation. I expect you will do fine, a multi-condition document really does
not need any management beyond what you would normally do for a project.
Just allow yourself a little more time to write-in extra information (this
is a little more than one book) and I recommend testing before releasing,
though I have experienced no failures.

Good luck.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com