Re: Developer's guide

Subject: Re: Developer's guide
From: David Hickey <DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:09:33 -0400

Greetings Isabella!

Much clearer! Repost what you wrote to me on the list and I think you'll get
more of what you're looking for.

As for task-oriented vs function-oriented, I always lean towards TO but I
make sure I have a solid Index to provide the function orientation that some
of the developpers might like.

I would give as much information about the functions as I could, but try to
keep the audience in mind, so make sure the information is about the
function itself and not too much contextual information that you're reader
should already know. Maybe you could make a reference to another book to get
some background information before tackling this new function.

> I'm really looking for is how to organize a developer's
> guide, in comparison to a User's guide.

I don't think they have to be that much different, but the developper's
guide is probably much drier (if that's possible) than a user's guide
because you don't have to worry about a programmer's comfort level.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

No trees were harmed in the writing of this email.
My emails are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=