Re: Developer's guide

Subject: Re: Developer's guide
From: David Hickey <DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:40:06 -0400

Greetings Sideways Smiley Face!

<g>

> And besides, the old rationales for using Times New Roman for
> body text are as antiquated as the convention to wear a neck tie in an

The reason I insist on using a Serif font for body text does have a valid
reason behind it besides tradition. Far be it from me to stick to tradition
for tradition's sake! Gadzooks!

The reason that the Serif font is better for body text is because the stems
at the base of each letter forms a line that the eye can easily follow.

If the stems are not there, then the eye has a hard time following the line,
making it difficult for the person to absorb the material since the eye is
moving all over the place.

Sans Serif fonts are great for titles because the titles are brief and set
off the body text. I like to use Serif fonts for body text and Sans Serif
fonts for titles just so the eye gets used to the difference and can find
the main information easily.

The only reason I can see (so far) to use a Sans Serif font for body text is
for online help. Serif fonts don't read very well on screen as they do on
paper.

And those are my thoughts on that.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

No trees were harmed in the writing of this email.
My emails are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=