Re: problems embedding fonts in PowerPoint

Subject: Re: problems embedding fonts in PowerPoint
From: Dick Margulis <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 06:03:51 -0400

Linda,

I'd suggest a lateral approach. If the PPT does not have any animations,
print the presentation to a file and use Acrobat Distiller (with "Embed
all fonts" turned on) to convert the presentation to a PDF file.

If it does have animations, use the Save as HTML feature and follow the
bouncing ball down the path that asks viewers to download and install a
browser plugin for playing the resulting file. It actually works.

Dick

Linda Michaels wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A couple of weeks ago, I asked if there was a way to embed fonts in
> PowerPoint so they would display properly on both PC and Mac platforms. As
> suggested, I selected File > Save As, and checked "embed Truetype fonts,"
> but when I tested my presentation, the font still did not display properly.
> (I created and tested the presentation on two separate PCs.)
>
> I double-checked the font (Amazone BT) to make sure it was TrueType, and it
> is.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda Michaels