Re: Desperately seeking employment (and why)

Subject: Re: Desperately seeking employment (and why)
From: slm5v <slm5v -at- CC -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:40:00 -0600

I contend that bad technical writing comes not so much from the quality of
technical expertise ( or lack thereof) of the writer, but rather from the lack
of writing abilities of engioneers--too many engineers are still writing the
documentation. They know the technical mumbo-jumbo, but haven't the ability to
effectively communicate that knowledge.

Just my two cents--it's late, and I'm outta here.

Graham

p.s. By the way, I am a student in one of the most advanced Technical Writing
programs in the country, at Utah State University (an honest-to-God degree
granting institution). The majority of students in my classes are women, and
every one of them has demonstrated an ability with technical subjects that
would blow the socks off some of the more "unenlightened" of my colleagues. I
have learned a great deal from being friends with these supremely capable,
amazingly intelligent young women. If it ever came down to a contest between
myself and one of them for a position at a company, I'll start looking for
another opportunity. They are that fantastic at what they do.

"Into each life some rain must fall--what I wouldn't give for an umbrella."
--me.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=