Re: Developer's guide

Subject: Re: Developer's guide
From: "Locke, David" <dlocke -at- BINDVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:30:27 -0500

The whole serif/non-serif argument is culturally bound. U.S. audiences
prefer serif text. European audiences do not. There are non-serif fonts that
are easier to read at small point sizes than say Times Roman. At small point
sizes open fonts are more readable, and that has nothing to do with serifs.
In addition, any font is readable at an appropriate line length. There is no
simple metric that ultimately determines readability.

David W. Locke

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=