Re: Mac or PC?

Subject: Re: Mac or PC?
From: Pete Harbeson <Peter -dot- Harbeson -at- NOKIA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:23:14 +0300

Tim suggests:

>I'd advocate moving completely out the playpen hardware and moving right
>into a Silicon Graphics workstation, or at least something running
hard-core
>Unix. This will permit you to act superior when people prate about their
toy
>systems and let you roll your eyes at printers and other short-sighted
>buffoons who don't know how to run a command-line starship of an OS.
>Employers and clients will fall gibbering at your feet at this proof of
your
>technological expertise.

Nah, for full geek-value, build your own computer out of surplus IBM, DEC,
and
Data General components, overclock it to 900MHz by fabricating a liquid
cooling
system out of sheet metal and aquarium pumps, and install an obscure but
fascinating-sounding OS like Plan9. That's, uh, what I do. Yeah, that's the
ticket!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=