Re: (no subject)

Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:49:40 -0700

Marci writes:
> A small boy is sent to bed by his father. Five minutes later:
> "Da-ad..."
> "What?"
> "I'm thirsty. Can you bring me a drink of water?"
> "No. You had your chance. Lights out."
> Five minutes later: "Da-aaaad..."
> "WHAT?"
> "I'm THIRSTY...Can I have a drink of water??"
> "I told you NO! If you ask again I'll have to spank you!!"
> Five minutes later... "Daaaa-aaaad..."
> "WHAT??!!"
> "When you come in to spank me, can you bring me a drink of water?"

As a professional anal-retentive (anal retentive) technical writer, I find
the above post a poor example of technical writing.

I found many grammar mistakes in this post. There was no introduction, no
conclusion, and no summary.

I had to read the post twelve times before I came to the conclusion that it
may be some type of joke.

This post not only wastes bandwidth, it was a waste of my very important
time (although it was funny).

I should not have to take twenty minutes out of my highly over-paid job time
to read and respond to this post.

Shame on Marci; no pudding tonight.

Please! Lets stay on topic (like this post). My time is too important.

-Barry, the simply fabulous technical writer.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=