Re: Who's Job is it to Layout a Book?

Subject: Re: Who's Job is it to Layout a Book?
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:03:49 -0500

Could it be that your client would rather have you spend your billable time
working on content instead of fluff (layout)? Especially since they have a
layout.

Mike

P.S. Yes, I'm one of those who think that too many Writers spend too much
time fretting over the paint job and not nearly enough time working on the
engine.

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Staff Writer/ Web Applications Developer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://maps.intergraph.com

> Greetings!

<snip>

> CONTEXT: I've just had my wings clipped at my new client to reformat their
> books in a layout that, in my professional opinion, would be better. One
> of
> the arguments I was given was "You are a writer, so focus on the writing.
> Layout, fonts, font styles, and the like are a questions of graphics and
> are
> to be handled by the Graphics department. You are not a Graphic Artist."
> --
> Be seeing you,
>
> Dave
> John David Hickey