Distance learning

Subject: Distance learning
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:38:19 -0500

Our company is considering taking on a distance learning project, delivering
via the Web. We've done training programs before, but Web delivery
complicates matters. Not technologically; we have the expertise to set up
the site. But we place great emphasis here on user definition and analysis,
and knowing that some of my colleagues here may have taken some distance
learning classes, I wanted to throw this question out the group and get your
opinions and responses.

I know that there is research and academic experience, and we're tapping
that, reading the Journal and consulting with Dr. Harriet Wilkins. But we
also wanted some tales from the trenches.

What has been your experience with distance learning on the Web? How did Web
delivery affect how you did? Would you have preferred, say, a CD rather than
a Web site?

Thanks.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
http://www.simplywritten.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=