Re: Microsoft HTML Help Workshop

Subject: Re: Microsoft HTML Help Workshop
From: Sheridan Adjei <sheridan -dot- adjei -at- AKS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 13:10:28 GMT

Hi Smiley,

I used the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop v 1.2 about six months ago. It does
everything you may want in a help system. Beware, it had limited ability
dealing with context sensitive help.
After working with it for almost three months, I was instructed to drop it
for the following reasons:
We needed to install IEv3 or above on our clients machines or our
clients must be running Win 98 or NT 4
The product manager was not willing to support the product's Help by
imposing these on our clients, so here I am, back to good ole WinHelp.
Recommendation:
Use if none of the above is your concern, besides it is the future if
the dominating OS is Windows.
Regards,
Sheridan

Aladdin. Securing the Global Village.
P.O. Box 11141, Tel Aviv 61110 Israel
Tel: +972 3 636-2222; Fax: +972 3 537-5796
Visit us at our Web site! http://www.aks.com

Aladdin supports Idealist. Visit http://www.idealist.org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=