Re: Canadian French Translation

Subject: Re: Canadian French Translation
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- FLEXICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:07:57 +0100

Josee mariann Proulx wrote:

"You know, that kind of discussion would not take place if we were
talking
about US American vs British English. Any foreign company would
seriously
think twice before sending a manual written in British English to US
customers."

Ha! Pity it doesn't also work the other way round. Most American
companies don't translate US Englis into British English. And I can
understand it in a way...we can comprehend US English perfectly. On the
other hand, it does smack of cultural imperialism!

My two pingin!

Aoidin

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=