SUMMARY: Who's Job is it to Layout a Book?

Subject: SUMMARY: Who's Job is it to Layout a Book?
From: DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:54:27 -0400

Greetings!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questionning of reality in regards to
layout.

Most people responded saying that the technical writer is qualified to take
on the layout of a book in addition to researching and writing it.

Some people mentionned that the Graphics department sometimes took charge of
the layout, but this strategy received only so-so success. They suggested
that if the Graphics department was in charge of layout, that the technical
writer should try to get on their good side and offer suggestions whenever
possible.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
(steering clear of the Canadian French translation thread thing)
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

No trees were harmed in the writing of this email.
My emails are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=