Re: Doing Save As

Subject: Re: Doing Save As
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:39:19 -0700

At 09:07 AM 7/21/99 -0700, Wollenberger, David wrote:
>I have been requested to insert the following sentence by Development. It is
>a description of the File, Save menu item:
>
>Saves the task. If the task name is untitled, you cannot use this item until
>you do a Save As and complete a standard Save As dialog box.

My first instinct is to tell the programmers they're all wet, as most
system standards would dictate that saving an unnamed task automatically
accesses the save-as routine. Good documentation is no remedy for sloppy
programming.

That said...

Saves the task. If the task is currently untitled, you must first
select Save As and name the task.

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=