Re: Doing Save As

Subject: Re: Doing Save As
From: Laura Bell <writer -at- WELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:55:50 -0700

None of you have hit on the direct specifics of this. There is always a
"save" and there is "save as". The purpose of save as is not "save the
task." The purpose is to offer the keyboarder the oppoprtunity to save
the work either with another name other than was inserted with the "save"
command and/or saving it in another format other than the one it is being
composed on in.

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Roy Jacobsen wrote:

> Actually, if it's possible, I'd argue for a slight change in the
> application. In most of the apps I use, if you attempt to save an unnamed
> document, file, or what-have-you, it prompts you for a name (and location,
> if necessary).
>
> In that event, the text could become something like:
> Saves the task. If the task name is untitled, you'll be prompted to enter a
> task title.
>
> Regards,
> Roy M. Jacobsen
> Documentation Supervisor