Re: Importing Corel files into Frame

Subject: Re: Importing Corel files into Frame
From: elizabeth <beth -at- VCUBED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:18:32 -0400

>List Members:
>I have a file originally created in CorelDraw I'm trying unsuccessfully
>to import into FrameMaker. I saved the CDR as a PDF, but I'm not
>familiar with Acrobat Reader. I can view it in Acrobat, but I'm
>getting an Unknown file type message in Frame. The message asks what
>I'm converting from and when I select Corel the message states:
>"The filter encountered an error and could not complete the
>translation."
>Is there anyway (with or without Acrobat) to import these files into
>the FrameMaker document?
>Thanks
>Joan

Hi Joan-

What I've had to do with Frame in the past involved printing the file to
postscript. When you do that on a PC, you can set the printer options for
Encapsulated Postscript. Then, simply import the eps file into Frame. I
don't know CorelDraw, but I would think it would have a "save as eps" format
available. That may be simpler.

Cheers!

Elizabeth Ross
Technical Writer