Thanks for survey responses

Subject: Thanks for survey responses
From: Cameron Austin <caustin -at- CDGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:00:32 -0400

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, I sent a survey out to the list concerning job duties,
tasks, how they are changing, and what (if any) were the repercussions of
these changes. I want to thank all of those who responded and let you know
that this information contributed to lively discussions with my classmates
at GSU as well as with the Multimedia Development team at CD Group- where I
am currently completing my internship. Your tips/suggestions were
especially helpful because many of us in the IT program at GSU are switching
career paths (from corporate to education, or the other way around) and
could really use a current list of professional organizations, web sites,
and various publications as resources. Here are the general results from
the survey. Thanks again.

Cameron

1) Are you performing the job tasks you thought you would be performing when
you were in school?
30%_Yes
62%_No

2) Have your job duties changed?
90%_Yes
02%_No

3) In what way?
38%_ more specialized
54%_ more general

4) Does this change present concerns?
30%_Yes
56%_No
Comments: Too long to list. Contact me directly (before July 30)
if you would like the full list.

5) Have these changes presented new or different opportunities?
88%_More opportunities
04%_Fewer opportunities

6) Have these changes affected your marketability?
02%_Less marketable
82%_More marketable

7) Have these changes affected your compensation?
04%_Negative effect
64%_Possitive effect

8) What tips or resources have you found valuable and effective in dealing
with these changes?
Too long to list. Contact me directly (before July 30) if you would
like the full list.

9) Please feel free to add any additional comments.
Too long to list. Contact me directly (before July 30) if you would
like the full list.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=