Re: Grammatical Sasquatch? Re: Grammatical foot in big mouth

Subject: Re: Grammatical Sasquatch? Re: Grammatical foot in big mouth
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:49:30 -0700

> Elizabeth Ross tells us:
> I find if I use two spaces after the period with the proportional fonts, I
> end up with "rivers" of white space trickling through my paragraph instead
> of the more pleasing even distribution of one space.

Here Here!

That is why we technical writers should stop trying to be Artsy-Fartsy
Graphics types and move back to good old Courier Font with two spaces
between sentences.

All of this time spent on formatting is just wasted time. Let's return to
full justification with 0.25" margins all the way around a 8.5 X 11 inch
sheet, three hole punched.

White space is wasted space! Fill it up with text!

Ouch! Who just kicked me?

Barry

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=