jobs - Seattle, Washington area

Subject: jobs - Seattle, Washington area
From: Mary Cay Cornelison <MaryCayC -at- MPL -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:00:36 -0700

Title: jobs - Seattle, Washington area

Meridian Partners Limited, located near Seattle, WA, is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider, specializing in e-business solutions, custom software development, commercial Internet services, consulting and project management. We are privately held and growing at an amazing rate (300% in the past year alone). In fact, this year we were ranked # 1 by the Puget Sound Business Journal on their list of Fastest-Growing Companies by Employee Growth in the state of Washington.

Meridian employees are full-time salaried professionals with comprehensive benefits. Our compensation packages include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, matching 401(K), paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. In addition, we provide a flexible work environment, free Internet access, ongoing training and career development, tuition reimbursement, assistance with sponsorship and relocation, and stock options.

We offer a healthy referral bonus to anyone who recommends a candidate for employment that Meridian hires. Here are some of our current positions that we have available:

Web curriculum designer with programming experience. The successful candidate will be a teacher with 3 years web authoring experience. The curriculum will be developed for an online format. Strong communication and presentation skills required. 2 years programming experience in HTML, _javascript_, cascading style sheets and DHTML as well as a Masters in Instructional Design required.

Experienced Technical Indexer needed to work with print indexes, reading content, writing terminology and content descriptions for technical documentation. This positions requires 5 years indexing experience, and needs a self-starter who is able to work independently. Experience working in a publishing environment would be helpful. 3 years experience working with HTML Help, Word, and tagged indexing using Excel required. Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications or English required.

Technical Researcher needed to verify factual accuracy of new and revised article content with light proofing responsibilities. 3 years experience working in a business library for a high-tech employer. Demonstrated work experience in web publication, Internet and library research and HTML required. Masters degree in Library Science also required.

Desktop Publisher needed to create artwork release kits for film creation and archive. This will include pre-flight of native and postscript files, creation of print specifications, and release of materials through internal tools. Quality checking film proofs for packaging and print materials. Troubleshooting printing problems art providers and print suppliers and implement solutions. Participate in discussions regarding design, configuration, color usage, etc. 5 years work experience in print production environment with focus on film production and postscript files. Bachelors degree required.

Bi-lingual Content Editor needed who is fluent in French and English. A background in teaching is required. This position will involve editing French and interpreting for the manager for a content development team. The project centers around teaching French to English speakers. This position will involve travel. Bachelors degree required.

Meridian's strength is the talent, expertise, and character of its employees, who lead the industry in creating next generation software products, applications, and Web-based solutions for the top companies in the Northwest. Send your resume to marycayc -at- mpl -dot- net or visit us at http://www.mpl.net and see what other great opportunities we have available!

Thanks!

Mary Cay
marycayc -at- mpl -dot- net
Meridian Partners Ltd.