Re: raises

Subject: Re: raises
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:24:07 -0400

Depends on your company, your performance, your market, your company's
profit/income, and of course the human factor, which is non-scalable,
non-measurable and nonsensical.

Confront your boss and say you're miffed and give reason as to why you
deserve more. If you don't get it, perhaps it's time to start thinking about
what you really want out of a job. I'm not saying you should leave or even
threaten to... sometimes there is more to a job than money.

Anyhow, sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your raise. Better luck next
time, I guess.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis