Re: A really basic web animation question -- Example

Subject: Re: A really basic web animation question -- Example
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:30:00 -0500

>We see here from David the mark of a true professional: Simplicity

>Thank you David for supplying a simple answer for a request.

Thank him all you want, but it's only an answer if you grant him total control
of the viewing audience. For example, I saw no floating text, and in fact the
words "text" and "floats" were on the same line and so close together as to
make reading them an effort (the "f" overlaid the "t" and the end of sentence
period looked like a burl on the lower branches of the "s").

In other words, it only works for a limited subset of viewers. If that's good
enough, have at it. But if your audience is using Netscape, forget it.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=