Re: A really basic web animation question -- Example

Subject: Re: A really basic web animation question -- Example
From: "Beard, Samuel" <Samuel -dot- Beard -at- GSC -dot- GTE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:56:50 -0700

Arlen P Walker said:
Thank him all you want, but it's only an answer if you grant him total
control of the viewing audience. For example, I saw no floating text, and in
fact the words "text" and "floats" were on the same line and so close
together as to make reading them an effort (the "f" overlaid the "t" and the
end of sentence period looked like a burl on the lower branches of the "s").

In other words, it only works for a limited subset of viewers. If that's
good enough, have at it. But if your audience is using Netscape, forget it.

I respond:
I'm using Netscape and I saw it just fine. The word "floats" started out on
the same line, but then moved up to the top of the page and disappeared. The
other words/letters were clear, as well. My only complaint is that it didn't
cycle. In other words, once the word "floats" disappeared off the top of the
page, it didn't reappear and repeat the process. I would think that a small
modification would fix this, but I'm not sure.

Sam Beard
Technical Writer
GSC, GTE (Soon to be General Dynamics something-or-other)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=