Re: PDF online manuals, take II

Subject: Re: PDF online manuals, take II
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:59:19 -0600

Geoff responds to Susana:

> Susana Rosende provided more details on her company's
> decision to move towards online documentation in PDF
> format:
>
> <<...our company was unable to use context-sensitive help.
> Blue-Sky bluntly told us that they don't support PowerBuilder
> applications.>>
>
> Have you asked the same question of the PowerBuilder
> people? It's quite possible that they can suggest how to hook
> a WinHelp file into their applications. If not, it sounds like
> you do indeed need to adopt a non-WinHelp solution.

To add to what Geoff is saying, all Blue Sky controls is the What's This?
help generation utility that creates mapped files for context-sensitive
help. Blue Sky doesn't have anything to do with WinHelp CS help mappings
otherwise. You can create popup topics in RH, then map them on your own.
Unless PowerBuilder itself offers no methods for mapping a control to a help
topic, you could still do the CS help. RoboHelp's utilities have nothing to
do with it.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
International Communications Design & Development
billdb -at- ile -dot- com
This face intentionally left blank.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=