Re: Reformat PDF for online info./don't replace WinHelp!

Subject: Re: Reformat PDF for online info./don't replace WinHelp!
From: Mike Hiatt <mhiatt -at- VOCALDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:53:51 -0500

Mark Dempsey wrote:

>WinHelp, HTML help are *not cross-platform, either. It's probably better
>to use them for PC-only apps, but I'd say avoid, e.g., Bristol Hyper
>Help that promises UNIX-based winhelp.

Why would you avoid , e.g., Bristol Hyper Help? Is it because the conversion
didn't work or because there were troubles integrating it with the
application. I never got the integrating with the application stage, but I
did convert a help file created in Windows 95 using ForeHelp. Once I made
sure there were no DOS path names involved HyperHelp compiled the help file
just fine and it worked just like the Windows version.

Michel G. Hiatt
Manager, Technical Publications
VocalData, Inc.
mhiatt -at- vocaldata -dot- com