Re: Network Security Diagram

Subject: Re: Network Security Diagram
From: "McFerren, Sean" <sean -dot- mcferren -at- ET -dot- PGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:20:32 -0500

I agree, and it isn't really placed entirely on my shoulders. However, the
IT security person has never worked on a diagram of this type and doesn't
have a clear vision of what it should contain.

Sean

No offense, but this doesn't sound like the kind of a job that should be
placed entirely on the shoulders of a writer. I would expect it to be
guided by some sort of a network security expert, who would probably have
some idea how the finished diagram should look. Am I misunderstanding
something here?

SRH

> I've just been assigned the task of creating a network security access
> point
> diagram that displays all of the various access points and potential
> security risks to our corporate network. This is my first time creating a
> diagram of this type and I was hoping to locate something similar, as an
> example. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?
PG&E Energy Trading and any other company referenced herein which uses the PG&E name or logo are not the same company as Pacific Gas and Electric Company, the California utility. These companies are not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission, and customers do not have to buy products from these companies in order to continue to receive quality regulated services from the utility.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=