Re: period after number

Subject: Re: period after number
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- LYNX -dot- DAC -dot- NEU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 13:24:18 -0400

MS says pretty much what you do in their style guide -- use what's called
for in your overall design. I think the boldfaced numbers without a period
work well in Word 97 Help and not so well in other situations. Also, MS's
having a variety of styles for numbers at one time is the same thing facing
all of us -- you don't go back and change all your documents when you make a
style change. You just consistently move forward with the new style and in
time the old style will disappear when the Help topic or book gets its next
major overhaul.

Bill Smith wrote:
>I agree with what Mike said. Unless your company has adopted the MS Manual
>of Style as a standard, you don't have to accept Microsoft as an absolute
>authority on everything. Matters of grammar are more absolute (although
>sometimes they get into subtle interpretation), but matters of style are
not.

Bonnie Granat

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=