Word 97 print current page problem: summary

Subject: Word 97 print current page problem: summary
From: Jim Cort <jcort -at- TOTALTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 08:19:30 -0400

Many thanks to all who tried to help with this situation.

Most of the responses said, in effect: "Yeah, that happens to me too. Ain't
it a pain?"

The most common suggestion was that the file was corrupted somehow. To
un-corrupt the file, some suggested converting to RTF and then converting
back again, or copying the text and stuff into a new file.

Some related problems they had had that turned out to be demon graphics:
exorcise the graphic (or maybe just excise it) and the problem went away.

Two promising work arounds: print the page from print preview, and print
the page as part of a page range, including a couple of pages you don't
actually need.

This seems to fit with the philosophy expressed in the old vaudeville joke:

PATIENT: Doctor, it hurts when I do that.
DOCTOR So, don't do that.

Thanks to everyone.

Jim Cort
Technical Writer
TotalTel
Jcort -at- total -dot- com <mailto:Jcort -at- total -dot- com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=