JOB: Full-Time Permanent Technical Writer in Washington, DC

Subject: JOB: Full-Time Permanent Technical Writer in Washington, DC
From: Terese Scott <tscott -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:20:35 -0400

The Bureau of National Affairs, a national publisher of
print and electronic news and information products, is
seeking a mid-level technical writer/editor to produce
technical end-user documentation and online Windows help
systems for tax and accounting software products.

PLEASE NOTE: NO RELOCATION OR INTERVIEW FEES OFFERED FOR
THIS POSITION.

The position requires a detail-oriented person with a
demonstrated ability to edit, write, format, and organize
technical materials for laypersons; working knowledge of
desktop publishing and word processing systems such as Adobe
Framemaker and Windows 95 Microsoft Word for Windows; must
be able to write clear, concise procedures. Experience using
Framemaker and help authoring tools is preferable. Must be
able to interact with software authors and developers to
reach agreement on documentation projects.

Requires a minimum of two years' technical writing or
editing experience, preferably in taxation, data processing,
law, or software development. Also requires degree with
coursework in English, technical writing, journalism, or
related field, or equivalent experience. Coursework or
experience in taxation or accounting desirable. Writing
samples required at the interview. Must be willing to work
on-site in West End Washington, DC -- convenient to Dupont
Circle, Foggy Bottom, and Georgetown.

We are not the federal government!

Several factors distinguish us from other firms. We are the
oldest, wholly employee-owned company in the US, and we have
been cited as one of the '100 Best Companies to Work for in
America' by Fortune Magazine for 1998 and 1999, and for
Working Mother Magazine every year since 1990. We offer a
technology-rich environment and an outstanding compensation
package.

Excellent compensation and benefits package.

Visit our Website at www.bna.com.

EOE M/F/D/V

Send your resume to

Terese Scott at tscott -at- bna -dot- com

or

Bureau of National Affairs
Terese Scott
1250 23rd St., N.W., Suite 4-214S