Re: Word exam

Subject: Re: Word exam
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:38:31 -0500

At 03:25 PM 8/3/99 -0400, Andreea Rotaru wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>I want to take the Word Expert exam and there are some tasks I just cannot
>perform. I may have a lousy Word book but I cannot afford another one so
>please help me!!!

Um. I know the answers to most of these, but if it's for an exam, is that
fair?

I'll give a couple of hints, instead.

>Now the ???:
>
>- How can you sort data in an Excel sheet embedded in Word?

Have you tried double-clicking? Do you have Excel installed?

>- I need to insert a new spreadsheet in a Word doc. I do Insert-Object-Bla
>bla. The system tells me it cannot be done this way. Is there any other
>way?

Try Insert File.

>- How do I import a worksheet in a table? Then how do I modify it?

Ditto, and see above.

>- How do I copy a macro? Is there any other way except
>Tools-Macro-Macros-Organizer? I have tried to do it this way and my macro
>does not appear in the Organizer(even if I am in the right document)...

You probably have the wrong file. Court of last resort is to go delving in
the Visual Basic Macro Editor. Note that the help files for this are not
part of the default Office installation.

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=