LISTSERV fee/sponsorship

Subject: LISTSERV fee/sponsorship
From: Brian Clements <bclements -at- FPIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:39:02 -0500

I wouldn't mind paying a small fee to keep this list going, but I
whole-heartedly agree that an academic sponsorship is a good idea. I once
taught at a tech-minded university which sponsored an educational MOO and
got a lot of publicity for it. I think there are many colleges out there
that would go for sponsorship of the list and website. I wouldn't doubt that
you might find some corporate sponsorship, too, especially if you're housed
under the umbrella of a college or university, which would make the
corporate (co-) sponsorship tax-deductible.

Brian Clements
Documentation Manager
fpix, inc.
bclements -at- fpix -dot- com