Re: Acrobat doesn't retain hyperlinks

Subject: Re: Acrobat doesn't retain hyperlinks
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:21:44 -0500

I'm trying to convert Word97 docs to PDF, using Acrobat 4.0. I think I've
got all my preferences set correctly, but it's not working right.

For some reason, Acrobat does not retain my hyperlinks. I have several
hyperlinks in the documents, most of them being links to Excel or Acrobat
files.

I'm using PDFMaker and the Distiller driver. I've set my preferences to
capture all links.

The help files that come with Acrobat 4.0 say that for links to other
documents to work, the file names must be upper case and in 8.3 format.
But even after I conform to those limitations, I still can't get my links
to work.

What could I be doing wrong?

Cordially, Mary McWilliams Johnson
McJohnson Communications
Documentation / Web Site Design, Development and Graphics
http://www.superconnect.com
We make a living by what we get.
We make a life by what we give.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=