Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes

Subject: Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes
From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:42:30 -0400

This is just what I was about to say. In my own experience, OneList has
typically done a fine job. I've seldom had any significant problems with
it.

I fail to see why subscriptions are even necessary, but if that's the way
the majority decided to go, I suppose I'd come up with a few bucks to stay
on the list. The $5 per year didn't sound too bad, then people started
talking about $10 per year, then it became $1 per month, for a total of $12
per year... When is this inflation going to stop? THAT'S what I want to
know. (Maybe a couple of these rich folks could just contribute $5000 per
year for all the valuable services they get from the list, then the rest of
us could be left alone. Just a thought! ;-)

The bottom line is that, yes, I do get some good info from TECHWR-L, and it
would be worth a *small* annual fee to keep it going, IF it's really
necessary. And BTW, if I hear the phrase "I, for one," just one more time,
I'm going to scream!

And now back to work.

S. Havens, Curmudgeon

> Marilynn Smith wrote:
> > One List is an acceptable option
>
> For what it's worth, I am on a number of lists on OneList, and haven't had
> any service problems. It might be worth a consideration, and it would get
> around the currency and no credit card problems.
>
> Then you'd just have to find space on a server for the website.

> Nancy E. Kaminski -- Technical Writer/Editor

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=