Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes--NEXT STEP

Subject: Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes--NEXT STEP
From: Michele Marques <mmarques -at- CMS400 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:18:52 -0400

I would certainly be willing to pay the $5 or $10 suggested, even
$20 would be worth it. I have no problems paying up front, but
would want to mail in my check or money order (not use a secure
server), if possible.

About paying from Canada (addressing the issue in the message
below): I have not had a problem writing checks to U.S. folks, with
the words "U.S. funds" clearly marked in several places on the
check. Canadian checks use the same micro-encoding scheme as
U.S. banks, so they are generally accepted by U.S. banks for
deposit. You can also get a U.S $ money order (I don't remember if
you have to go to a bank or post office for that).

Eric: I advise making it clear that people are paying for subscription
rights to *receive* the list, but that subscribers who break posting
rules will lose posting privileges.

Good luck.

- Michele Marques
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com

Date sent: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:38:09 -0400
From: jane <judydh -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>

> A small voice of concern:
>
> I do not have a credit card. Instead, I have government-sponsored heath
> care (it may be screwed up but I still have my privacy).
>
> Yup, the Luddite strikes again. While I have no problem with $5 US =
$7.50
> Cdn subscription fees, I doubt that you will find any bank that will make
it
> easy for me to deposit that fee into a US account without charging me a
300%
> service fee. I doubt you will accept Cdn funds or other international
> currency funds (well, alright, the bank will only charge me at least 50%
> ($3.25) to make a money order).
>
> Again, think about this: I do not have a credit card! Wow, I can live
like
> this! Businesses still have no business trading in my name and numbers!
>
> Please don't make it difficult to continue living like this with TechWr-l.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jane

Michele Marques
Technical Writer, CMS Manufacturing Systems
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=