Question: Merging documents

Subject: Question: Merging documents
From: "Parker, Cassandra M." <CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:56:06 -0400

List Members,

I know we are having a "hot" discussion about the resting place and fees of
the TECHWR LIST but I have a quick question. I know there is a simple
answer to this simple questions but here goes:

I need to create a Word document (a letter) and have it sent out to several
companies (approx. 50) or more with only the company information changing
but the letter remaining as a template. How do you get the "merge" symbols
such as
<<Company Name>>
<<Address>>
<<City>>, etc.

and how do you merge the company information from another Word document or
an Excel document?

Again, I'm sorry if this is an elementary question, I've seen it done but
don't recall how it was created.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Thanks,
Cassandra Parker