How to handle all them checks and credit card payments

Subject: How to handle all them checks and credit card payments
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:01:18 -0700

Checks are easy to post. Did anybody see that episode of Sienfield where he
received hundreds of $1 checks that he had to indorse?

Now to the point. Eric could charge $10 a year plus $10 for a check
clearance fee.

Credit cards would be the same fee, $10 + $10

And anybody who sends their credit card number and expiration date to the
wrong address, that is they post that information to the list, we are all
eligible to use the credit card number to purchase one book from Amazon.com
(as a punishment).

Whatda ya say Eric, am I full of answers or what?

-Barry

> > I keep thinking about the effort required to receive, post, etc. 4,000
> $10
> > checks each month. That's a big job in itself.
> > Marilynne

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=