Online Communicators Network Meeting Announcement

Subject: Online Communicators Network Meeting Announcement
From: Ben Weisner <benw -at- WEISNER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 21:19:56 -0500

August Meeting Announcement -- OCN

Online Communicators Network

Date:
Tuesday, 8/17/99

Topic:
XML: What Do Writers Need to Know?

Agenda:
8:00-8:30- Registration
8:30-9:15- Presentation
9:15-9:30- Break
9:30-10:15- Presentation
10:15-10:30- Q/A

**OCN MEETINGS, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE HELD IN THE MORNINGS**

RSVP early to reserve your seat: ocn -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Location:
Earle Browne Continuing Education Center, 1890 Buford Ave., St. Paul,
Minnesota, Rm 135AC.

Directions to Earle Brown:
http://www.ebc.umn.edu/map/

Join us this month as we host Scott Boggan from HelpCraft, in Seattle, WA.
Extensible Markup Language (XML) is poised to dramatically reshape the Web,
and it is especially promising for technical documentation and other
structured
content. This presentation provides an overview of XML and related
technologies--including basic syntax, authoring tools, and browser
support--and explores how it might change our lives.

Scott is co-author of the award-winning "Developing Online Help for Windows"
and a
forthcoming book on HTML Help. He is a popular speaker at numerous online
conferences
and also teaches hypertext through the University of Washington. Scott
recently
founded HelpCraft, a training and consulting company. He has over ten years
experience in online documentation and is a charter member of Microsoft's
HTML Help MVP program.

This month, we'll also be pilot testing the possibility of video
conferencing future meetings
to remote sites. We will provide a report on feasibility and costs shortly
after the meeting.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity for your organization,
please send an email
to video -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Program Fee:
Members- No charge
Non-Members- $15, payable at the door

Next Month:
TBD

For regular updates about the Online Communicators Network, visit
http://www.weisner.com/ocn/ or call 800-646-9989 for more information.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=