Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 3 Aug 1999 to 4 Aug 1999 (#1999-109)

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 3 Aug 1999 to 4 Aug 1999 (#1999-109)
From: Howard Billington <hb -at- PENCIL -dot- U-NET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:17:23 +0000

Lighten them at source without changing the format? Isn't that what image
editors are for...it's what we were taught at college...but as
jane -at- nobody -dot- nowhere -dot- com says...

howard
mailto:hb -at- pencil -dot- u-net -dot- com
http://www.pencil.u-net.com

---------- new reply --- new reply --- new reply ------------------

>Students are cheapos, make 'em pay

In jest I know.

I composed my position concerning techwr-l and am posting it with this. On
a dialup receiving anything but a digest is daft. But it's just cost
me...oooooh about $10-20 in terms of current skilled junior pro-writer
rates - maybe more - to edit the digest enough to reply to the above post.
In terms of my time. For one line of text. I think it will be of more value
for Melissa than my silence.

I could go on but it isn't worth it. Techwr-l is impractical as a
discussion medium for anyone who don't work in a cube hooked up to the net
on a leased connexion 24 hours a day. You want me to pay? When I'm able to
participate no problem.

Call it a stile guide...for those who are fenced off.

howard

mailto:hb -at- pencil -dot- u-net -dot- com
http://www.pencil.u-net.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=