Re: ADMIN: payment options for list membership

Subject: Re: ADMIN: payment options for list membership
From: Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- VCUBED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:57:10 -0400

| Could those list members who have difficulty sending individual payments
| [such as residents of Canada etc.] arrange for one of their professinal
| organizations such as STC to buy into a share of support for the list?
| Such a share would entitle all members of the group to join.

I have the luxury of having a "premium service plan" on my bank account,
meaning it costs me nothing to purchase a US bank draft (aside from the cost
of the funds I am sending). I would offer to be the Canadian clearing house
for fees if the following could be decided on:

1. How much in Canadian funds for a subscription to the list? Five dollars
US is $7.50 Cdn one day, $7.35 the next, and $7.62 the next. I wouldn't want
to eat the differences in the exchange rates. :^/

2. Refunds (if such were to be issued) would have to be handled by the
listowners and sent to the individual subscribers. I definitely don't want
to get into the middle of that one!

What I envision is folks in Canada sending me their fees and every two weeks
(or whatever) I get a US bank draft and send the money off to the
listowners, with the appropriate subscriber information attached. This is
assuming that the list decides on a subscription fee. I am also a private
individual, so trust issues may or may not be a factor here. My husband and
I do a lot of trading on EBay in US funds and have never had a problem, but
I don't know how "corporate" we want to get with TechWr-L.

It's one option out of many and I won't feel snubbed if folks aren't
comfortable with it. C'est la vie.

Cheers!

Elizabeth Ross
Technical Writer