Re: TW impaired CW?

Subject: Re: TW impaired CW?
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:47:15 -0400

At 11:59 AM 08/05/1999 -0400, Sean wrote:
>I just had a developer in my office who insisted and argued with me that I
>needed the electronic copy of a 4-year old X-Windows DECwrite book so I
>could save time by cutting and pasting information about a UNIX product
into
>a Windows-based FrameMaker book about a completely re-vamped, re-designed,
>Windows-based product. Yes, the name of the UNIX product is similar to the
>name of the Windows product. However, all the features and environment have
>changed. Is there some part of converting from DECwrite and X-Windows to
>Windows NT that automatically updates book content to reflect the new
>platform and software features? What part of "this is a new project"
didn't
>they understand?

I run into this situation a lot. I used to argue, as you did, that it
wasn't necessary/appropriate. Now, I just take the electronic file, say
thank you, and get on with the job. Saves a lot of time and aggravation
<smile>.

/K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
"There are patterns in life....[The] key is to blend yourself
with patterns that include the things you want. That's called
happiness." / Wil McCarthy, _Bloom_

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=