Voluntary Commitment

Subject: Voluntary Commitment
From: Jennifer Lett <jlett -at- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:02:59 -0400

I really like the way Eric is approaching this issue. In his call for
commitments he said, "The best option right now looks like free membership
(just as it is now) with voluntary donations/contributions to cover costs."

It's something like the way public television stations do fundraisers. Want
keep this freely available service going? Great! Ante up. I'm sure there
will be
enough people willing to contribute to cover expenses, and hopefully, leave
something additional for the Rays.

Don't want to pay? OK, don't.

Don't want those who don't pay to enjoy the same benefits as those who do
contribute? Too bad. As I see it, our contributions are to keep a freely
available service alive. That entitles us to nothing more than the
satisfaction
of knowing we've contributed to a worthwhile effort and perhaps made the
Rays'
lives a little easier. There will be no subscription, no membership, no
dues, no
prorated refunds, no new rules. Simple.

I'm quite willing to let Eric handle the administrative setup as he sees
fit.
Speaking for myself, I'm quite ready to be voluntarily committed.

Jennifer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=