FW: (Electronic) Signatures

Subject: FW: (Electronic) Signatures
From: VSOL - Victor Solano <VSOL -at- SBT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:26:31 -0700

There is no need to scan signatures. The new Adobe Acrobat 4.0 offers the
ability to do electronic signatures without a need to scan them. For more
information, see http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/solution2.html.

>From Adobe:
Authenticate content using digital signatures
Acrobat 4.0 for Windows supports both key-based and biometric digital
signatures, which you can use to authenticate authorship, track alterations,
and verify approvals of documents. Use the built-in Acrobat Self-Sign
signatures for moderate security needs or third-party solutions from
Entrust, VeriSign, PenOp, and others for high-security identification.

>>Our Company wishes to send out by e-mail signed documents files
>>(Word97/Pdf, other?).
>>What are the alternatives to add the signatures to the documents and how
>>is it done?
>>Do we have to scan the signatures?
>>Thanks
>>Sylvia
Victor Solano
SBT Accounting Systems
Technical Writer / Technical Publications Dept.
1401 Los Gamos Drive
San Rafael, CA 94903
(415) 444-9807
vsol -at- sbt -dot- com