Re: Using voice/speech-recognition software

Subject: Re: Using voice/speech-recognition software
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GREATPLAINS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:53:29 -0500

In addition, start using keyboard shortcuts, rather than going to the mouse
for every menu command. I find I can get things done faster and more
comfortably that way, even if it takes a combination of keystrokes to get
there. (Note: I haven't yet used FrameMaker, so I have no idea how
"shortcut-friendly" it is. I know some programs have limited keyboard
shortcut support, which torques me when I encounter it.

For some, however, it isn't the mouse; the keyboard _is_ the culprit, even
"ergonomic" ones. I use a Kinesis keyboard, and love it, but YMMV.

Roy M. Jacobsen
Documentation Supervisor
Great Plains
1701 38th Street Southwest