Re: Canadian French advice?

Subject: Re: Canadian French advice?
From: "Eric L. Dunn" <edunn -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:00:39 -0400

As an anglophone, bilingual, Montrealer, I must admit the translation is
completely wrong. It neither gives steps, nor does it say the same thing. It
gets to it I suppose, but it is very convoluted. I would personally reject
the
translation

1. From the Start menu, choose Run.=20
The Run dialog box appears.
2. In the text box, type regedit then click OK.
Would by my reconning translate as:
1. Selectionner, demmarage du menu principale de windows.
La fenetre demarage apparaitra
2. Tapper 'Regedit' puis selectionner OK.

And my francophone coworker agrees with me. Good luck.

Eric L. Dunn

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=